EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTRE (SLECC):
P.O Box 130 – Saddle Lake, AB (T0A-3T0)
Fax: (780) 726-3989
Program Director: Claudette Houle
The Saddle Lake Early Childhood Center recognizes that each child is developing physically, emotionally, intellectually, socially, and creatively at his/her own pace, and that all of these areas are related to and dependant on one another and are of equal importance in the child’s development. The Center is committed to reflecting the Cree culture and traditions and ensuring that all children, including those with special needs, are nurtured in learning and developing essential skills, with opportunities to stimulate their natural curiosity and eagerness to learn.
Message from the Director:
Welcome to the Saddle Lake Early Childhood Centre site.
There are 19 of us employed at the SLECC – 14 caregivers: 1 head cook, 1 kitchen aide, 1 custodian, 1office support and the director .
The Saddle Lake Early Childhood Center is an approved licensed childcare facility. We receive our Certificate of Approval from Alberta Children’s Services.
Room Capacity & Child: Staff Ratio’s is as follows:
- Room Six (3 months to 12 months) 3 staff, 9 children max. group size – ratio 3:1
- Room Five (12 months to 19 months) 3 staff, 8 children max. group size – ratio 4:1
- Room One (19 months to 28 months) 2 staff, 12 children max. group size – ratio 6:1
- Room Two (28 months to 36 months) 2 staff, 12 children max. group size – ratio 6:1
- Room Three (3 years) 2 staff, 14 children max. group size -ratio 8:1
- Room Four (4- 5 years) 2 staff, 15 children max. group size- ratio 8:1
I have included the following attachments relating to SLECC for your viewing.
Saddle Lake Early Childhood Centre Parent Handbook 2014:
Saddle Lake Early Childhood Centre Parent Registration:
Page Updated: June 18, 2018