Winston Lapatak, Economic Development Officer
Direct Line: (780) 726-7612
To create and develop viable business opportunities utilizing our human, natural, infrastructure and other resources to create a strong economic base for present & future generations
To develop business initiatives that will generate employment, training, wealth and a capital base from which the Cree Nation and the people can achieve economic self- reliance.
Land Use Plan and Study:
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation (ᐅᓂᐦᒋᑭᐢᑲᐧᐳᐃᐧᐣ onihcikiskwapowin (Saddle Lake Cree Nation) of Treaty No. 6) Consultation Summary
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation Land Use Plan 2014
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation Geotechnical Evaluation Land Use Plan – Functional Planning Study
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation Biophysical Assessment for a Land Use Plan
- To ensure that the Treaty Right for Economic Development is acknowledged, protected, and honoured by the Federal government for the benefit of present and future generations.
- To develop a First Nation Economic Development Plan that involves First Nation input, recommendations and expectations of all participating Membership.
- To develop capacity building in the area of planning, interpret ideas into projects, facilitate, coordinate, mentor, transfer skills, technological training etc.
- To ensure a strong economic base is developed and n place by assisting in the development of small business.
- To be proactive in the development of business, employment, socio-economic etc.
- Provision of employment and training opportunities for Band Membership whereby they acquire the necessary skills and work experience to secure permanent employment.
- To ensure all small businesses under the Economic Development Department are operating in a accountable, efficient manner consistent to economic growth.
- To reinforce band membership that only through determination and commitment can achieve the results that they strive to achieve.
- To market Saddle Lake First Nation as Tourism destination which in turn will foster growth for small businesses in the First Nation.
- To create opportunities which would result in long term employment.
- Provision of financial assistance to eligible Band Member applications.
To provide consulting IE (proposal development, feasability/market studies, queries, financial analysis etc.) for Business Plan Development and Re-investment.